cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Bt wifi App on Windows phone

I have noticed that since I upgraded my phone to the Windows 10 Anniversary update the BT wifi App crashes when you try to connect to a BT wifi hotspot. You therefore have logon to the hotspot via the browser. The BT wifi app has never been perfect but it is now completely unusable. Has anyone else had this problem?

22 REPLIES 22
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Bt wifi App on Windows phone

Have you tried uninstalling the app then switching your phone off and back on then re-installing the app?

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Thanks I have re-installed the app as you suggested but unfortunately it is still crashing. After the App crashes the phone is still linked to the BT wifi hotspot and the only way I can connect is to go through the browser logon procedure. From what I've heard this is one of many incompatibilty issues with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

0 Ratings
TheJackah
Beginner
Message 4 of 23

Hi HackneyMan,

Do you have an SD card available?

1. Uninstall BT WiFi
2. Go to Settings > System > Storage and set the Apps install location to the opposite of its current selection
3. Go to Store, download BT WiFi

See if that works.
Posted from Windows 10 Mobile | Lumia 950 XL
0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Hi TheJackah

I am ahead of you and have tried to reinstall it on the mobile phone and the SD card and the BT Wifi App still crashes. I should mention that I can open the BT wifi App but it is when I go back to it from the phones wifi settings that it crashes instead of signing into the BT wifi hotspot. So until either BT and/or Microsoft fix what is causing the problem I will just have to do it the old fashioned way via the browser.

Thanks for your suggestions

0 Ratings
cubwolf
Beginner
Message 6 of 23

I have an issue as well since the update.

I had to reinstall my apps and the BT Wifi one opens but during the set up where it asks you to go to wifi settings and then click back it doesnt do anything apart go back to that screen.

Its a pain having to log in everytime via the browser.

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Come on BT release a fix to the BT wifi app so that it works with the Windows 10 mobile Anniversary update.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

Have you tried contacting the BTWifi app developers or leaving a message on the App download site.

btwifi.app.feedback@bt.com

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

No I haven't but I will. Thanks

0 Ratings
TheJackah
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Ignore my first response. Since moving to BT Mobile today, I too experience app crashes for the BT WiFi app on Windows 10 Mobile.
Posted from Windows 10 Mobile | Lumia 950 XL
0 Ratings