Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRB
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt yahoo have deleted/suspended an email sub account

Go to solution

Last week (11/10/2017) one of my email sub accounts stopped working.

Now, after texting yahoo and having two telephone conversations with yahoo engineers, I am being told my account may not be able to be reactivated but that I should wait another week till yahoo do an update and,hopefully, they may be able to recover my address!

I regularly accesed the account on mail either on my mac computer or on my iphone but did not use Yahoo mail - I don't know if this is why there was a problem. Yahoo were vague as to why the account was deleted!

I would welcome advice on how I might try to reinstate my email address or who I should contact to escalte the issue to a higher/better level where someone may be able to resolve it as I have little faith in it being fixed quickly - if at all! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt yahoo have deleted/suspended an email sub account

Go to solution

@RRB wrote:

Last week (11/10/2017) one of my email sub accounts stopped working.

Now, after texting yahoo and having two telephone conversations with yahoo engineers, I am being told my account may not be able to be reactivated but that I should wait another week till yahoo do an update and,hopefully, they may be able to recover my address!

I regularly accesed the account on mail either on my mac computer or on my iphone but did not use Yahoo mail - I don't know if this is why there was a problem. Yahoo were vague as to why the account was deleted!

I would welcome advice on how I might try to reinstate my email address or who I should contact to escalte the issue to a higher/better level where someone may be able to resolve it as I have little faith in it being fixed quickly - if at all! 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

You're referring to Yahoo in your post, but do you actually mean btinternet.com email addresses?

If so, then your first port of call is BTinternet, since this is your ISP. Contacting Yahoo will not help.

Is the sub account actually deleted or suspended? In other words can you see it in your list of sub accounts?

There have been a spate of these recently, and it's not known why this happens - unfortunately the support people don't tell us.

The act of checking via ANY method should keep the account active. Webmail access is not a necessity, not least because 100s of 1000s of people don't use webmail to access email.

0 Ratings
RRB
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for ypur reply

My email was @btinternet.com. I accessed it using mail on a mac or occassionaly through yahoo mail - if there were problems. 

I discoved that I did not have it linked to the "manage my mail" settings at Bthome as I had never had problems with the account and did not use Bt Home pages often.  

On phoning BT (or yahoo I am now not sure? I just checked my original online chat message which starts "Hello I’m Shib, thank you for chatting with BT" so BT it was!) I was told they might fix it when next upgrading - they then proceeded to change the password for the main email address that was not giving me any problems! I was not filled with confidence by their response but I have calmed down a bit now and shall have to wait untill next week in the hope that they can in fact restore my account.

Reading through other web posts it does seem that this is happening to quite a few others. If it is easy for Bt/Yahoo to disable an account it should be equally easy for it to be reinstated - but then life is never simple!  

0 Ratings
RRB
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I recieved a phone call from BT on Tuesday  (24th October) to rell me that they hoped to have my problem fixed by today (Friday) as engineers (presumably from yahoo) were working on it.  But, I am afraid my address is still not being recognised.

It would be nice if BT could put a message on their website to at least acknowledge that this problem exists, as I see from reading through various forums that I am far from being the only person with this problem.  

My frustration over this issue was not helped by receiving a message from BT last week thanking me for being a customer for over 16 years and offfering me extra cloud storage as a thank you!  A better way to thank me would be to fix the email problems!

0 Ratings
RRB
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Email activated again after two week wait and a few phone calls to a very pleasnt BT call centre operative, Sudakshina, who  passed the problem on to yahoo engineers who eventually reinstated my email. I am glad its back but still annoyed at the time it took first to get BT to acknowledge there was a problem at their end and then to fix it.  

0 Ratings