Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Bt yahoo mail - main and sub accounts

Hello,

I have a main emal account with sub accounts below it. If I use Thunderbird I can set this up so I can look at all of these email accounts in one place. When I use bt yahoo mail online I currently have to login to each account to check emails. Is there a way that Bt yahoo mail can be setup so that all the email accounts as per Thunderbird can be accessed at once?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt yahoo mail - main and sub accounts

You could setup the sub accounts so they forward their incoming mail to your main account, but you would lose the ability on Thunderbird, to read each account individually.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I don't have BTYahoo email so I am not sure if this procedure will work but you could add your sub-accounts to your primary account by doing the following:

Log onto your primary account then go to "Options" > "Advance Options" > "Mail Accounts" > "Add an account" > set up the new account with your sub account details.

This should allow your sub accounts to be accessed in the same manner as on Thunderbird.

0 Ratings
oldgreygary
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I couldn't see the option you describe in BT Yahoo Mail. There is a checkbox option that says if it is checked it will display all the email accounts that you have. However, it appears as though after clicking on this check box once I have logged out and logged back in again the option has been unchecked. It bascially looks like it cannot be done in Yahoo mail to have all the accounts displayed at one time. I wouldn't wnat to do the option of re-directing everything to one account as for me anyway defeats the object of having seperate accounts.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

The above option I gave to add email accounts does not appear in the "new" version of BTYahoo. If you change it to the the "basic" version you are given the option I showed.

Many people find the basic version better so it might be worth trying it in any event.

0 Ratings