cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 37

Bt yahoo push notifications

Looks like push email is up the spout on yahoo mail. Nobody in my family is getting alerts pushed to the native email app on iPhone/iPads. Been about three days now. The odd one creeps through. Lame show from yahoo on what is already a lousy service to the native app on apple devices.
0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
mykspence
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 37

Re: Bt yahoo push notifications

Yes, it seems to be screwed. Hopefully it'll be working again soon.
0 Ratings
Matlough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 37

I've also had this since last Tuesday. Spoke to BT support ( what a joke!) they said nothing to do with them as I was receiving email fine when on webmail!!

I've got an iCloud email account also and that works fine with iPhone and I also have the yahoo mail app which also seems to push mail.

Anyone know how to get hold of Yahoo support?

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 37

Try ymail_ios@yahoo.com

This is the only way I have ever found to make any contact with the cretins at yahoo. Though I think they don't care about the native app and will only comment on their own app. I have had response off this email group before but that being said I have sent them many emails over last week about iOS issues and they haven't bothered responding. Maybe if a few of is hit them they might just take notice
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 37

The problem won't arise when you've been migrated to BT Mail as it doesn't support push.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 37

Yeah but that could be years away - the migration looks to of stalled
0 Ratings
Matlough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 37

Email sent. Lets see if I get any reply!

Also, do you think there is any mileage in going to apple and seeing if its an iphone problem?

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 37

It does make me wonder if Apple have their grubby mits involved too. Added to push and it's unreliability in the native iOS app I find just opening it up randomnly and checking for mails really slow. Sometimes its instant but other times long waits while it says 'checking for mail', it can take over a minute. And even when it seems to of finished the data wheel in the top right of the iPhone spins and spins for ages. Whilst it is spinning you can't actually send an email as it stays in outbox until this data wheel has stopped. It's not all the time but happens quite a bit. Makes me think congestion on the yahoo server. But you do wonder if somewhere along the line it goes through apple server somehow and this also contributes to fouling it up and complicating push.

However, I have several lesser used emails setup on iOS native mail app, Hotmail, gmail, a migrated BT account and also another yahoo email (non BT). These all cycle within milli seconds. So if Apple was at fault with their app (not defending them as there is much to dislike about their new iOS8) then the other mail accounts would be struggloing too.

The Hotmail and Yahoo (non BT) both support push and seem to work reliably - not that I get much email traffic on these. So it's only the Yahoo BT email that plays up. Push has been so unreliable, many times it stops working only to return a day or two later. But the slow checking cycle and data wheel has plagued for at least couple years now and I am totally fed up by it. After all I use my iPhone and iPad the most so naturally want the emails to work fast.

0 Ratings
Matlough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 37

No reply as yet!! 

Not a total surprise!

Ive just created an outlook.com email address which works perfectly as push email and also an icloud which again works perfectly!

This is really starting to get annoying!

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 37

I agree, it's really annoying. Just because we may be migrated at some stage is no excuse for the lame performance from yahoo. I don't know what to suggest but I send a daily email to the address asking for them to come back to me asap. Each one progressively sounding more annoyed. It prob won't do any good but you never know.

0 Ratings