cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 37

Re: Bt yahoo push notifications

Not that this helps the thread but I did speak to someone from BT earlier. They couldn't offer any pearls of wisdom but did say the migration (not official) to BT mail is due to begin again circa July. Of course we lost push but at this time I rather a reliable service and the chance to get away from yahoo
0 Ratings
Shedstoker
Beginner
Message 32 of 37

I have the same problem - No push on BT mail. Just stopped working. Thought it was the phone! Using iPhone 6 reset to factory settings etc - total waste of time. BT does nothing- no further forward. Takes an age to get mail on fetch. To be honest I've given up...
0 Ratings
Trace-T
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

Myself and my OH both have iPhones. We use Yahoo Mail - nothing to do with BT Yahoo Mail.
I only noticed Push not working properly when we joined BT Mobile though, as it worked ok when we were on Vodafone.
0 Ratings
Matlough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 37

Ok, I've nearly given up on this! 

Awaiting another call from BT this morning which I hope after my last call they will have spoken to YAHOO and confirmed that its a problem woth the servers!

Just a thought though, what so we think are the chances of it being an iPHONE/Apple related problem? I know speaking to apple in store they say no chance but....

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 37

It could be apple sticking their noses in. The routing may go through their servers to. I know iOS6 had a safari broswing meltdown because unbelivable address requests were routed through apple and someone there forgot to update something causing a very brief browsing blackout. You wouldn't think it should be any of their business but you never know with apple. Their recent efforts with iOS8 have been buggy to say the very least. But at the end of the day I suspect Yahoo is to blame here. Their server for BT is prob old, overworked and congested causing no end of issue. I gave up on push but even just cycling for email on my phone now can take minutes. Yahoo really are the pits. There is no real way of contacting them as they are aloof. I just want to get away to BT Mail, it surely cannot be much worse. Roll on migration!!

0 Ratings
Matlough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 37

Not sure if it's just me but it seems to be back working again??

Maybe my million phone calls have worked?!!
0 Ratings
mykspence
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 37

My iThings stopped receiving email at the weekend, I had to delete the account and set them up again, but I used the Yahoo option in mail set up and now I have push working. Someone has been buggering around with something but BT, Yahoo and Apple will all blame the others!

0 Ratings