cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D------t
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BtMail migration update?

Hey, is this migration still going on? had email months ago saying bt are ready to migrate me over to the new system, and yet i'm still on btyahoo, my sub-account is on a standard yahoo account, and stillno clearer to when this will happen.

Bt have got to be the worst company i have dealt with for customer service and communications.

richard branson must be having a little chuckle at bt Man LOL

FFS bt get this sorted !!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BtMail migration update?

Still waiting here too, and many others are.

It is worse that they said we are "about to migrate you" and then don't do so for months!

Richard

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

What's worse than BT saying that they are 'about to migrate you' is when they do actually migrate you, that is when your problems will really start!

I was migrated earlier this week.  I don't understand why they are still migrating people, they should have stopped as soon as people started reporting problems.

0 Ratings
JimD
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

The thread largely sums up my thoughts.  Even the tame apologists for BT here seem to have become weary of trying to defend this performance.

0 Ratings
geoffpowers
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I, too would like some positive information on this issue.  I'm getting - almost certainly spurious - emails every couple

of days purportedly originating from various BT email adresses carrying information on this.  Having had my email hacked

fairly recently through being 'nobbled' by one of these 'phishing' emails I don't want to be caught out again.  So far

I've resisted opening anything with BT in it.  How will users know what is genuine and what is not?

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@geoffpowers wrote:

How will users know what is genuine and what is not?

Ignore all of it. Just make sure your email clients (if used) use these settings.

IMAP

Incoming Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled
Port: 993 (this should be automatically populated if you tick SSL Encryption)
@username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
Password: your btinternet password

POP3

Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled
Port: 995 (this should be automatically populated if you tick SSL Encryption)
@username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part

SMTP

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
SSL Encryption: Enabled (SSL, not STARTTLS)
Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)

Oliver.
0 Ratings