cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Btconnect.com emails send and receive problems

Hoping someone at BT may have the answer to this.  I have been unable to receive or send emails using my btconnect.com email using Outlook Express.  Unfortunately so far speaking to technical support 3 times has not resulted in any progress other than just wasting my time.

Can someone at BT please confirm the following:

Are emails originating from Microsoft servers being blocked by BT as this might be the problem? If so does this mean you are blocking all email traffic coming from Microsoft servers?

Have the incoming and outgoing server or port settings changed?

Have BT implemented anything since friday that would be causing problems to getting emails using any other method than just online webmail?

Grateful for some answers to this and please note you may wish to share those answers with the technical support team as 3 of the people I have spoken to today regarding this problem do not have any answers the may assist in solving this problem.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Btconnect.com emails send and receive problems

@DaveCreative

Are you a BT Business customer?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@DaveCreative wrote:

Hoping someone at BT may have the answer to this.  I have been unable to receive or send emails using my btconnect.com email using Outlook Express.  Unfortunately so far speaking to technical support 3 times has not resulted in any progress other than just wasting my time.

Can someone at BT please confirm the following:

Are emails originating from Microsoft servers being blocked by BT as this might be the problem? If so does this mean you are blocking all email traffic coming from Microsoft servers?

Have the incoming and outgoing server or port settings changed?

Have BT implemented anything since friday that would be causing problems to getting emails using any other method than just online webmail?

Grateful for some answers to this and please note you may wish to share those answers with the technical support team as 3 of the people I have spoken to today regarding this problem do not have any answers the may assist in solving this problem.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As well as showing that BT have probably blocked MS emails for business users as well, as your post indicates that you are, you're saying that you can't send/receive emails in general. Is that the case?

I note you say Outlook Express, that package has long since been abandoned, are you actually still using it?

0 Ratings