Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachelw3000
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Btinternet email address

Hi there,

I have had my Btinternet.com email address for over 10 years. My parents have recently moved from a BT phone line to Sky and have been informed they would have to pay to keep the family email addresses linked to their account. My mum has just informed me that she missed the deadline to click the link for this option (?!) and they now wont let her pay to keep the addresses. I'm told my email account (along with my entire lifes online log ins etc argh!!) will delete at any time going forward.

Please HELP is there anything i can do to keep this address??

Thankyou in advance

Rach

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Btinternet email address

Would you really want to pay £5 a month to keep the e-mail address?

You could try using an e-mail client, configured as IMAP, and see if you can login to the account to download the stored mail.

If the account still exists, then it may be possible to link it to your own BT Broadband account, as a sub address.

0 Ratings
rachelw3000
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response. Yes we would pay that as there are 4 of us in the family with Bt email addresses so would avoid a lot of trauma ha!

I have already saved the emails i need - its not so much the emails in my inbox its more the fact that all my accounts link to that email address - bank, phone, car insurance, pet insurance, ebay, paypal, facebook, apple, barclaycard etc.

Thank you anyway - i imagine i cant link the BT address to a new one because once its gone its gone!

Rach

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have you spoken to the Premium mail team 0808 100 6778 option 2?

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@rachelw3000 wrote:

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response. Yes we would pay that as there are 4 of us in the family with Bt email addresses so would avoid a lot of trauma ha!

I have already saved the emails i need - its not so much the emails in my inbox its more the fact that all my accounts link to that email address - bank, phone, car insurance, pet insurance, ebay, paypal, facebook, apple, barclaycard etc.

Thank you anyway - i imagine i cant link the BT address to a new one because once its gone its gone!

Rach

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As it happens, login to various online systems will not change - however if those online accounts actually use the login email address to send details, that's where the problem will lie. For some it may be possible to change the login, or maybe you can set a different email address for correspondence.

For the login where you have a different format, I would start altering the held email address to something none ISP specific - e.g. a Gmail account. Making a note of all of your online accounts as well. Of course, this could run into many 10s of accesses!

(I hope you used different passwords for the online systems where you used your email address to the actual email account password).

0 Ratings