cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill-lord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Btwifi-x on a windows phone how do I connect

I have a HH5 and it broadcast a wifi network called btwifi-x. I understand that this is a part of the btwifi network that is publicly used. I can connect to it on my iPad after installing a profile, but on my windows phone all I get is asked for a user name and password. The windows phone but wifi app does not seem to have the ability to download the profile. Am I missing something and can someone help me to be able to connect to this network. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Btwifi-x on a windows phone how do I connect

you need to conenct to BTWIFI as BTWIFI-X is for iphone/ipad - just same speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

WiFi x is a secure WiFi only available on Apple devices currently.
0 Ratings
Bill-lord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

How strange.  I could see messages from over a year ago about this and assumed that BT would have addressed the problem by now. Is there any information about a time when this secure connection will be available to everyone not just a privileged few. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

there has been nothing posted about extending to anything apart from apple devices - don't know about privileged few though  suppose same could be said for smarttalk - only available to android and apple devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bill-lord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I find it really annoying and strange that companies providing a service to their customers like BT can choose to produce software that gives access to their services using some common devices but not other common devices. It smacks of restraint of trade and an attempt to put another company out of business. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Bill-lord wrote:

I find it really annoying and strange that companies providing a service to their customers like BT can choose to produce software that gives access to their services using some common devices but not other common devices. It smacks of restraint of trade and an attempt to put another company out of business. 

I suppose that is the view from someone with a windows phone but from a business view why put money and effort into developing app for a relatively small number of users

0 Ratings