Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Bulk issue of letter re expiry of BT Sport/Broadband

Hi

Apols if this has already been done to death as they say. We've just received the letter advising that broadband contract about to expire and need to do something about it toute suite to avoid £6.75 reconnection fee etc. Also affording an opportunity to extend BT Sport.

I know we only get BT Sport free by virtue of being a broadband customer. I also understand the need to eventually charge everyone for premium sports package to recover costs after recent deal with Champions league etc.

However, what I can't figure out is why our broadband would now be up for renewal? We've had Infinity for a good few years (Still using HH2) so don't understand significance of timing and why it should be expiring now etc. Is this just to pressure folk to ring and cough up the £5 fee for BT Sport?

I also understand that many who phone rather than renew online are being offered £2.50 for 6 months. This can't possible be true can it????

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bulk issue of letter re expiry of BT Sport/Broadband

Thanks for moving this. However, it would have been more helpful if a response could be provided. Do you have the capacity to respond as well?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

This is only a customer to customer forum.

You may also like to try Customer Options on  0800 800 030

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

There is no £6.75 re-connection fee to my knowledge.

In theory you may be approaching completion of the Infinity broadband contract minimum term. This will be something like 12/18/24 months from when you signed up for or last re-contracted your broadband. If you have BT Sport on Sky and don't re-contract the broadband again at that point (entirely your choice) then you also get charged the additional BT Sport on Sky fee of £6.75. With the £5 that's a total charge of £11.75 per month.

Phone the Customer Options Team on 0800 800 030 and find out the situation for your current contracts. Yes they certainly can make discounted offers to customers to encourage them to re-contract. If you re-contract you will save the £6.75 and might also get the sport pack for £2.50 for a year.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks for clear and constructive responses. Will give them a ring and see what gives
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Just to make it clear (ignoring any HD add-on).

BT Sport on Sky is currently £13.50 without a BT broadband contract at all. It will increase to £19.99 from Aug.
For those with a BT broadband contract that is now past the minimum term it is £6.75 (£11.75 from Aug) on Sky.
For those still within a BT broadband contract minimum term it is £0 (£5 from Aug) on Sky. Renewing the broadband starts a new minimum term.

BT Sport Lite is a different option that will continue to be £0 when within a broadband contract minimum term.
0 Ratings