cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stujbyron83
Message 1 of 5

Bullied by Billing and forced to cancel

Well I have beenw with BT for over a year, and yes Billing have made some mistakes I was even given a special billing phone number 0800 553311 at the begning to do their errors but the always sorted it, however this time they have over charged me by £180 and have dragged their feet, spoke to me in a derogitive manner, hung up on me and passed me from pillar to post from country to country only to have part of the over charge refunded and blamed for a failed order.

So today I have cancelled and closed my account, they took broadband off me due to their error and vision too and have disconnected my number from the exchange so that I have to get a new line installed with a better provider.

I am utely disgusted an am lodging a complaint with BT and OFCOM.

They kept on saying oh we dont want to loose you as a customer but have bullied, intimidated and not offered any compensation or support to keep me.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bullied by Billing and forced to cancel

It's amazing how there is this misconception that OFCOM is where you complain. It is not - they do not deal with individual complaints.

When you have exhausted the complaints process within BT, you go to OTELO:

http://www.otelo.org.uk/

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 5

Hi stujbyron83,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the problems you've had with your BT account.

If there's anything I can look into for you please feel free to get in touch with your forum username and your BT account number (you will see this on your final bill - or any previous bill from BT) to the email address registered against my profile.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
stujbyron83
Message 4 of 5

Hi

How do I Email Stephanie the Moderator with the Details that she wants or do i post them on here

Stu

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Hi Stu

I strongly suggest that you don't put any personal info on here

These forums are public - for all to see!

If you click on Steph's name (her profile), it'll show the email address to use

But I'll post it anyway - forum.moderation.team@bt.com

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings