cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Business Hub 5 dropping out

I have a BT business Hub5 and it has been working fine now for around two weeks since I had it.  Unfortunately for the last two days it has dropped out a couple of times. I comes back online itself.  My hub3 never did this, any ideas?

I posted about setting this hub up a short while ago but I don't know how to link it to this post.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Business Hub 5 dropping out

Is the connection losing sync or the hub turning itself off? If it's losing sync, there could be 101 reasons why. Are you connected to the master socket or an extension? Have you tried connecting to the test socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

High speed modem cable direct from master socket (double plug type one for phone one for modem), no extensions, quality ethernet cabling and no problems with my home hub 3 setup before using this hub 5.  When it drops out the orange symbol light displays.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you were using a hh3 then you can always reconnect the modem which you used with the hh3 and then connect the business hub 5 and see if that improves stability 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

As I'm sure you know, the HH5 is a modem as well as router so how will connecting another modem to it help?

EDIT :  Okay I think I get it, remove adsl from hh5 plug it in huawei modem and then connect via wlan with ethernet cable .  I assume this bypasses the built in modem on the hh5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You got itSmiley Wink

Many have found that using the modem with hub 5 helps stability 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings