Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 315

Re: CAN ANYTHING BE DONE ABOUT CONGESTION

Same thing here in Ballinderry Upper, Co.Antrim. Finding speeds are dropping to around 2 meg during peak times and at weekends. Back to normal speeds off peak.

Had this issue before around 6 to 10 months ago and it affected a lot of people in my local area. BT engineers investigated it and found we were all being routed through the same hardware further within the network and it was overloaded. They sorted the problem for us all. However, now it's back 😞

0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 92 of 315

Funny enough I had the SAME ISSUE 10 months ago too LOL, but it cleared it's self.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 315

yeah, i had same, but it cleared up and had 3months of a perfect connection, then it started  coming back after my internet just died after bt did some work on some stolen cable lol(**bleep** junkies), maybe i got connected back on to the overloaded hardware? just a thought, Since christmas though it been at its worse. I want to watch my fav soaps from US, as british tele is so far behind, its a joke, its pointless even trying to stream, especially when there not british servers, i waisting so much money on this service, i cant game,cant stream unless i sleep in the day and get up at 2am. Sorry if theres mistsakes, i dont have my glasses on lol. My sure signal box from vodafone dont even work now, my phone is faster without the booster, thats how bad it is. When an egineer gets booked, someone changes the priority of the bandwidth so on that day nothing is wrong.

0 Ratings
greglloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 315

Agreed. And I don't care what anybody says about wireless connections, etc - I run a tight ship in my house and have a very good network running with 300 Mbps constant rate and able to stream 1080p HD video files of 30GB in size between equipment in the house without even batting an eyelid. It's easy to by default say it is something in your house. But that's not the case here I can assure you.

Performance on BT's network (from my connection's point of view) has definitely deteriorated since Christmas (and is continuing to get worse). Worse thing is that the last time such issues occured it took a long time before it was sorted. I haven't been too bothered until yesterday when I noticed the whole thing beginning to lag when loading websites, etc. That's when I re-checked the speed and saw 2 meg and below. Dissapointing.

Ping times remain at 20 - 30ms and I'm on fastpath. Just rubbish throughput.

0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 95 of 315

I have just had a call from BT ELC and I have been informed they are not going to do a **bleep** thing about it, hes going to be sending me confirmation in writing.

I was told I can't end my contract because 2mbs speed fine under BT's SLA and there is not a fault on the network.

I'm going to speak to Burton mail today.

I love my posts being edited because it contains a certain persons email. Don't worry I already pmed everyone it 😉

0 Ratings
Jorvikwarrior
Contributor
Message 96 of 315

Once you get the deadlock letter make sure you write to ombudsman-services.org and lodge a complaint. People can leave one service provider for another but its only when it is logged by the ombudsman will these ISPs do something. You may still leave, they may push the ISP into taking further action or they may get you a refund as the service was not as discribed. Make sure you write to them before you end your contract..

Anyone who has not had the help or assitance, should follow their guidelines. ISP's are fast enough to take your money and spend it adverts and on gaining more people on their network by giving it aways for months but do not always reinvest in capacity. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 97 of 315

@Jorvikwarrior wrote:

Once you get the deadlock letter make sure you write to ombudsman-services.org and lodge a complaint. People can leave one service provider for another but its only when it is logged by the ombudsman will these ISPs do something. You may still leave, they may push the ISP into taking further action or they may get you a refund as the service was not as discribed. Make sure you write to them before you end your contract..

Anyone who has not had the help or assitance, should follow their guidelines. ISP's are fast enough to take your money and spend it adverts and on gaining more people on their network by giving it aways for months but do not always reinvest in capacity. 

Doesn't have to be with them, it can be with any ADR checker. Would also advise looking on Ofcoms website as they have some good information what to do for a person in your situtation.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 98 of 315

I h ave just received my "DEAD LOCK" letter.

So any advice on how to take further action for be great.

they Said 2mbs is fine under SLA as the average over a 24 period is above 12mbs which is complete crock.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 99 of 315

@Locky wrote:

I h ave just received my "DEAD LOCK" letter.

So any advice on how to take further action for be great.

they Said 2mbs is fine under SLA as the average over a 24 period is above 12mbs which is complete crock.

This should help.

It will explain what your next action should be and who to contact.

Also, http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/service-problems/

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Rikb187
Beginner
Message 100 of 315

I have poor speeds too at night.

I live in Burton 01283 and at night I'm getting the same issues as people in this thread.

0 Ratings