Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teh10261
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

CAN BT increase my upstream line speed?

Hi,

I have 'unlimited faster broadband from BT' which basically gives me the performance below. typically I get about 18 Mbps or thereabouts most days and anywhere between 0.75 and 1.1 (on a good day) upstream

I work from home and need to use google hangouts/webexs and the performance is poor. I suspect the upstream is killing me. Is there anyting BT can do to improve the upstream speed?? even if they could get it up to about 3-4 mbps that would be enough. I spoke to an open reach engineer and he seemed to suggest that the upstream speed could be tweaked by my ISP. Does any one know anything about that or if that is possible given my line profile?

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

VDSL Range A (Clean)20151.20.8--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)17.87.31.20.6
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: CAN BT increase my upstream line speed?

As you're getting speeds pretty much exactly as the estimate predicted, there's nothing that can be done to increase your upload speed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: CAN BT increase my upstream line speed?

No ISP has the ability to make changes to the fibre services only Openreach can reset lines and then only if a fault is found as already posted your upload is within the estimates so there is nothing anyone can do to increase upload speed
0 Ratings