Just had BT Full Fibre (Fibre to the House) installed. All works great but I need to install a longer Ethernet cable than the one supplied to reach my NAS etc.
Please excuse me if these are daft questions but…
1) The Ethernet cable supplied has red ends - does this mean anything or is the connector colour irrelevant.
2) What is best make/brand of Ethernet cable to buy?
3) Reading online the recommendation seems to be CAT 7 - does this work with BT OK as I assume the cables they supply are CAT 5?
Thank you for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Colour is irrelevant.
2. Don't buy the cheapest or the most expensive.
3. Cat 5e would be sufficient
Thank you for your swift response. All ordered and on its way.