cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
570714cdb2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

CCTV connection

Ive just joined BT infinity from O2.  Ive got a Home Hub 5 and Im struggling to understand how I get my DVR internet connected.  Ive searched for other posts but none seem to cover Home Hub 5.  A few posts suggest I need a business account with a static address but I could get round that with O2 by using a free dyn account.  Can anybody help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: CCTV connection

You do not need a static IP address, you can use DynDNS.

The settings on the HH5 are virtually the same as the other home hubs. Here are some examples to get you started.

Apollo Zeus CCTV - Port forwarding, plus iPad and PC instructions.

Foscam IP camera

Swann DVR8-4000

If you need more help after reading these pages, then please let me know.

0 Ratings
570714cdb2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Keith

Thank you so much.  I will have a go at setting this up with at the weekend.  I appreciate your help.  Hopefully even as an HH novice I will be able to work things through using the comprehensive steps shown.

Colin

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you do need help, please ask, as all of the pages I have referred you to, on my website, were produced in conjunction with other forum members.

Many of the screenshots were also provided by them as well.

0 Ratings
570714cdb2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith

I got lost with the hub settings.  Ive got a hub 5 and the settings seemed different from those screenshots provided. I also tried the can you see me link and it repeatedly timed out.  I couldnt get the my DVR application to work either but I presume that might be because I dont have a swann DVR.  I have set up an account on NOISP though so a little bit of progress has been made.  If I subscribed to the tech service would they help me?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Its unlikely the paid tech help would be any use, unless they established a remot connection to your PC, to check the hub settings.

The HH5 does work, as other forum users have confirmed this.

Its most likely that you have one or more of the port forwarding settings wrong.

If you would like to post some screenshots of your settings, I may be able to help.

Remember, the IP address of the camera must be set on the camera itself, not the home hub.

Which IP camera do you have?

0 Ratings