cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

COMPLAINT

I want to start by saying how impressed I have been with BT in the past. So much so that when we finally decided to get fibre broadband, I talked my wife into getting BT. (We've always been with Talktalk until now). I've even worked for BT Retail a number of years ago and was so impressed with them.

However, my recent experience with BT has been totally abysmal. I have requested BT Fibre but made sure that they understood that we "MUST" keep the same number at the property. All my stationery has our original number, our friends and family know it. Schools, Work, e.t.c.

So imagine my surprise when I was told that the number will be changing to a new number. That was over a month ago now. Yes ok, the Broadband is marginally faster that he old line, but I am so sick of asking again and again for our old number. Starting to really get frustrated with BT.

Over and over I keep getting told that "The order is being placed" and that they will call back once it's done. Then either nothing happens or they call back to ask if it's working. Every time I just get new order numbers, but still no joy.

So this morning, totally out of the blue... another BT advisor rings to say they are now looking into getting my number sorted and please wait a few days and he will get it sorted. I've been down this road 3 times already, still nothing happens.

I've asked to escalate this as a complaint but got told I can't, there's so such department that deals with complaints. So this morning I've asked for the whole thing to just be cancelled. Surprise surprise, the advisor says please just wait 3 more days and it will be sorted. He is raising the order now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr.

I am completely dismayed with BT. I really don't understand why it's such an issue to get Openreach to assign the old number to our line. I also don’t know why you again and again keep saying an order is being raised, and nothing gets sorted. 

So please, if there is anyone up there in BT that can deal with this...  two of the recent order number I was given are VOL012-********* for 16th Jul and VOL012-********* for 4th Aug. And if not, please confirm that as we are now on our 4th attempt at getting this sorted, then send me a deadlock letter so I can take this to ADR.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: COMPLAINT

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

Can also delete the order numbers from your post as they are personal to you and breach forum rules if they are posted
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: COMPLAINT

Hi Waimu0,

I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings