cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

CROOKS - 25 days and no where near my advertised speed What Next

Go to solution

I moved into my new adress and transffered my phone. I also took up BT infinity with the promise of 60+Meg. After 25 days of calling and having my faults closed resolved (with no feedback on the resolution) I can only get 20meg (but I am still paying for BT infinity 2.

BT booked an engeer and told me after I phoned up for another update. I took a day off work (I am a contractor) and waited in for an engineer who never showed up and never called. I have spent an hour ringing the engineers and no pick up I had a ring back who hung up while I was going through the issue (never got to explain a thing).

WHAT NEXT - Having exhausted my good will I contact BT to be told if I want to back out of Infinity 2 it will cost me £300. Yes £300 for a service that I have not recieved.

BT ARE CROOKS.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: CROOKS - 25 days and no where near my advertised speed What Next

Go to solution

if you want assistance from the forum members can you post some information. This is a customer help customer forum d your post does not go to BT

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

Hi

Sorry, I did all that they kept resetting the exchange and the speed got slower and slower its at 20Meg now. They found a fault last week then said it was resolved after I called 9lost another 5meg to get me to 20. Swapped the router out for a different router no change. shut down wifi removed all connections done the speed tests.

The engineer not turning up and a 2 hour wait is the final knife in the heart.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution
Only Openreach can carry out resets on the infinity service BT cannot and resets are are only carried out after a visit by an Openreach engineer visit to your home unless you post the results of the tests asked for by imjolly the community members cannot help you resolve this problem
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

Then run the wholesale checker and post the results so you can show your estimated speed and then post stats to show actual speed. If forum members cannot help then the forum mods who are BT employees will help - but need information first if you want assistance

if you just want a rant then fine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

Hi

You can claim back your loss - The Moneysaving expert site has some excellent tips and advice on how to.

{I'd post a link but I always get a nice PM from the Mods - reminding me not to :))}

Also BTRetail also get compensated by BT Openreach for missed visits 🙂 

Might be worth just posting the line details up as the "sages" recommend then the post can flagged to a uk based cs team who  are  very good once they've taken ownership of the case.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

Hi

I am not sure if you can see this. When I moved in on the 10th December it said 13 Meg with an IP profile of 60meg. This has fallen week on week. My PC runs faster teathered to my mobile.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 22.49.06.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 23.16.53.pngThanks I think I just want out now anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

Hi and the other test

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

Please edit out your phone number as this is a public forum and you may get more calls than you can handle

0 Ratings