cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: CROOKS - 25 days and no where near my advertised speed What Next

Go to solution
your speed is being restricted due to a very high noise margin this is caused by either line noise or multiple hub restarts and need a broadband engineers visit to your home to carry out a reset of the connection
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution
could you please repost the helpdesk page while connected to the test socket
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Might seem like a lot of "rigmarole" but I think the sage's need all the details so they can raise the issue to a Mod....

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

I have just tried a brand new filter and unplugged the phone to elimnate that.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 23.49.17.png

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution
your noise margin has increased as has your max data rate this indicates you have some internal wiring issues but most impostant you need an engineer visit to carry out a reset
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

All I changed was the BT filter MF50 I added the phone back and it changed very little.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

"you need an engineer visit"

I think the nuck123 gathers that 😉

The first post was about a OR no show - just needs a flagging to the cs mods so they can take ownership as nuck  is getting no help from the call centre.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. It's a shame that the help desk never ran through any of this with me. I waited an hour on the phone to midnight a couple of weeks ago and hung up. The day after the call was resolved.

I may just pay the £300 and be done with it. I am a data centre project manager and am having challenges with BT at a well known hight street bank. The one with the black horse.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Barry57

The first thing that needs to be done is to carry out some diagnostics to try and establish a) if there is a fault b) where that fault my lie c) the best way to proceed to try and resolve the fault

In order to do that certain things need to be carried out. If during the course of that it is becomes apparent that there is nothing further that the OP can do such as contacting BT to request an engineer, then the moderators may become involved.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Trouble is it costs me more to take a day off work than to cancel. It's a shame I can't claim that back from open Reach. Not the first time they have let me down. I have been on site a customer only to have them not show up they then 3 days later with no notice and I get the construction site manager yelling at me for risk assesments and site inductions.

Why should the consumer side be any better.

0 Ratings