Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zjc100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

Cabinet Full

Hello

My cabinet appears to be full where I am moving to for Fibre. The ADSL wholesale checker says waitlist.

Just wondering is there anyway of finding out if capacity is going to be added or not and what is this illusive waitlist. BT sales tell me they don't know of such a thing.

Thanks
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: Cabinet Full

What exchange and cabinet number are you served from?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
zjc100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Hi Webby

Thanks for replying.

Details are

Exchange CROFTON is served by Cabinet 7
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 39

I suggest contacting Openreach via their website.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
zjc100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 39

I did contact them. There reply basically said they don't have any information and keep checking with providers. Doesn't really help
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 39

@zjc100 wrote:
I did contact them. There reply basically said they don't have any information and keep checking with providers. Doesn't really help

Hi,

That happened to me.  All you can do is keep checking https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html daily until someone gives up their connection or capacity is increased.  Banging on at OR and my BDUK scheme got me absolutely nowhere.

0 Ratings
zjc100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Hey thanks for the advice​. How long did you end up having to wait in the end?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 39

Unfortunately all you can do is keep checking for availability as it may only be an additional card fitting witch is a fairly quick upgrade or if it is an additional cabinet then the wait is unknown
0 Ratings
zjc100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

According to what I can find online the current cabinet only serves 250 properties and the max capacity is just above 250 im hopful a new card is on its way. Reluctant to sign up to ADSL for fibre to become available and not be able to benefit from the cheaper deals offered to "new customers"
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

ECI cabs have a max capacity of 256 subscribers I believe.

The cab served 260 lines at the time it was activated in 2013.

0 Ratings