Message 11 of 38

Re: Cabinet Installation

cool

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 38

Hi Peterh42,

I'll be able to take a look at your Broadband and move you to ADSL2. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Looks like Braintree exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+ for at least the last 2 years so hopefully I should be able to get it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 38

just complete the mos email via contact us line and then wait for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 38

Yes done that.  Just have to sit tight and wait now.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Just an update.

I have been put on a ADSL 2 profile.

Got a new ADSL face plate and my download speed seems to be steady at 7Mb for the last 3 days.

So not much change.  Below you can see the lack of fibre where I live yet other side of the road has it.

lack of fibre.png

I had my hopes raised the other night when I saw the shrubbery cut back near man hole covers and BT written in big betters near the holes.  Then had a couple of men pulling cables with their van through the hole (I though they were stealing it as they commented about being quick when they heard police sirens). Shame they couldn't put a cabinet in there as well!

Well my tenancy comes up for renewal next March and this is the reason I will be moving.  So would advise anyone thinking of moving to this area to use the BT ADSL checker before they move.

Can't wait to get back to 40Mb+ next year.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 38

The upgrade to adsl2 must have increased your up speed even if down is about the same. Another good thing is your profile now changes immediately and does not take 3 days yo correct itself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 38

Before

20:21:35, 09 Jun.( 2580.720000) DSL noise margin: 23.00 dB upstream, 6.30 dB downstream
20:21:35, 09 Jun.( 2580.640000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 6720 Kbps downstream

After

17:02:23, 18 Jun.( 91.960000) DSL noise margin: 14.30 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
17:02:23, 18 Jun.( 91.070000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 7159 Kbps downstream

Looks like up hasn't changed.

Noticed noise margin has gone down on both but still not much fun having a line which struggles to support 2 XBoxes online  at weekend. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 38

Sorry but that still looks like adslmax to me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 38

Oh super. David said the order for my ADSL 2 would been done on 16\06. Looks like it hasn't been put through or the line doesn't support it. Hopefully the first one
0 Ratings