cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cabinet Location

I've recently signed up for Infinity and currently have a fortnight or so to go until the install date. Looking into the details, I've been allocated "Cabinet 19" on the Cricklewood exchange. I've had a scout around and the nearest Infinity cab I can find is around 300m from my premises which seems a fair distance away! I was wondering if anyone could let me know the location of Cabinet 19 for LWCRI? In addition, my stretch of street has been blessed with telegraph poles! These coupled with a potentially long stretch between the cab and my premises don't seem like the ideal recipe for a rapid connection, however BT have estimated around 54 down which doesn't seem too bad..

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cabinet Location

cabinets usually have a number on them - sometimes painted others on a small plaque

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Was the estimate via phone number or postcode? Phone number is the most accurate and if that is what they have given you it will be around that figure, give or take.

If it was via post code then it could be well out because that is taken from the average of  user in that postcode area.

Here is the checker if you want to run it.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 6

@TeleSpec wrote:

I've recently signed up for Infinity and currently have a fortnight or so to go until the install date. Looking into the details, I've been allocated "Cabinet 19" on the Cricklewood exchange. I've had a scout around and the nearest Infinity cab I can find is around 300m from my premises which seems a fair distance away! I was wondering if anyone could let me know the location of Cabinet 19 for LWCRI? In addition, my stretch of street has been blessed with telegraph poles! These coupled with a potentially long stretch between the cab and my premises don't seem like the ideal recipe for a rapid connection, however BT have estimated around 54 down which doesn't seem too bad..

The distance you've quoted should give you the estimated speed at least. Why would you think poles would be a problem?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the replies.

None of the cabinets in this area seem to be numbered with the exception of a couple of 20+ year old ones with very faded hand painted markings(!)

The estimate was from the line number.

The nearest telegraph pole here is in a pretty poor state both in terms of the structure itself and the "nest" on top of it. The last engineer I spoke to who'd climbed it described the installation as a real mess he was surprised worked at all. I'd suppose corrosion would be more likely on a poor quality pole installation due to exposure?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Is your current ADSL connection ok ? If so then the fibre will be ok.

0 Ratings