Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wush786
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Cabinet On my line?

hello all ,

i got told recently through a local engineer an checking the open reach where & when  broadband upgrades are happening on my line an it says June 2015 which is next month ..

now the thing is im on a exchange only line . is there any way of knowning if there gonna place or build a cabinet ? where & when ?.

thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cabinet On my line?

If you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wush786
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

thank you for the reply but that doesnt answer my question . that site tells me what my connection can handle an if im on a cabinet or not . the question is " Is there a way to find out for the future plans of cabnets being build on my line ?" since my exchange is getting upgraded next month but im on a EOL .

thankyou

where an when on openreach website & cymru broadband site states this june it will b upgraded but nothing is stated on this site 

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number ------ on Exchange CEMMAES ROAD

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3.5Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 11

Hi @wush786

It looks like Superfast Cymru currently plan FTTP, though plans do change, for areas of the CEMMAES ROAD exchange.

FTTP, takes longer to deploy compared to FTTC though the Superfast Cymru programme is expected to finish Spring 2016.

Your best to keep in contact with Superfast Cymru, via info@superfast-cymru.com with your landline number, Full Address, Postcode, and Exchange. It may take a week or so to get a reply. They should be able to say if your area is within scope of the BDUK programme and if you are in a FTTP planned area.

You can also tweet them via https://twitter.com/superfastcymru

wush786
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

thankyou for the reply . i have just emailed them .

with FTTP . would it make a diferent on how far i am from the exchange ?.

as right now im 4km from the exchange an only able to get a 2mb connection .

having fttp ( if that do do with those plans ) would this make a HUGE differents in my connection or the same ??

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 6 of 11

@wush786

FTTP is Fibre to the Premise, where a property has a fibre link all the way to the exchange (ie no "copper" line). FTTP is not effected by distance and can currently achieve upto 330mbps downstream, depending on what level of service you buy.

Superfast Cymru should be able to tell you if your postcode area is currently planned for FTTP. However plans do change.

0 Ratings
wush786
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

What are the services prices on fttp ? r they the same as fttc ?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

yes depending on package and if it is available on your exchange
0 Ratings
wush786
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

thank you again for the reply . 

i have 1 more question . bcoz i live on top of a mountain can a CABINET be built on a mountain road ? or is this inpossible ? as me an my neighbours are curious.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

yes a cabinet could be built on top of a mountain however for EO lines the cabinet is located normally outside the exchange
0 Ratings