Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cozza
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Cabinet availability conflictions

Hi,

About a month ago i contacted BT via phone in order to ascertain more information about when my line would be able to get FTTC.  This was prompted when i saw the glorious green box pop up next to the old cabinet.  I was told that Openreach had not enabled it hence why it wasnt showing up on the ADSL checker.  However, when i used a different telephone number that is also connected to the cabinet (albeit closer to the exchange) it came up as FTTC available and had a speed estimate. BUT if you use the postcode of the place it doesnt show as FTTC enabled. (Mine doesnt show FTTC availability from either postcode or telephone number)

Does this mean the cabinet is live and im never getting FTTC or the cabinet isnt live and i keep up the waiting game.

My Postcode: CM12 9XB

Location closer to the cabinet: CM12 9SY

Any advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cabinet availability conflictions

please delete for your security the phone number as this is a public forum
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

the post code check will not show availability only the phone number check or address check
it sounds as if you are not connected to the same cabinet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Both postcodes are on Cab 12.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
cozza
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Sorry about the telephone number, in hindsight youre right.  Instead ive screencapped what im talking about (with numbers blacked out 😄 )

What it quotes me:

http://i.imgur.com/UJARHWw.jpg

What it quotes to the place closer:

http://i.imgur.com/pBRR00T.jpg

Im not several miles away from the cabinet or anything and i heard if you cant get FTTC they at least offer some sort of faster ADSL package if its <15meg.  The 0.35meg upload speed is a real nightmare 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

although you are both on same cabinet is there a big difference in your proximity to the cabinet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cozza
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Yes, my location is 0.8miles whereas the other location is probably 40-50ft. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

is .8 mile from the cabinet as crow flies so line length could be considerably more?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cozza
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Based off of distance by road with google maps but i understand your point.  Is it unlikely ill be getting it in the forseeable future?  I was only maintaining my sanity with my current speed with the apparent fact that the cabinet wasnt live yet 😕 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

I don't know if you are likely to get fibre of not all I was trying to do was see if you were comparing like with like.  obviously not as you may be connected to the same cabinet but completely different distances away.  vdsl does not travel as well over copper wires as does adsl   fttn-speed-graph.gif

0 Ratings