cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Cabinet not being upgraded?

Hi all,

I live in a mainly rural area served by one exchange with five cabinets. The area is a peninsula about 8 miles long by 3-4 miles wide. We have waited a long time having to put up with really dreadful broadband speeds >1Mps and finally this year BT began to upgrade the cabinets. To my amazement they have upgraded 4 cabinets (and they are now accepting orders) and left the one which serves our area untouched. I cannot understand why they would not upgrade all the cabinets especially as our one serves more households than most of the others.

Can someone please shed some light on this decision or give some guidance how I and my neighbours can complain.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cabinet not being upgraded?

It is nothing to do with BT Retail your provider the fibre network is owned and maintained by Openreach on behalf of around 500 different service providers there are many reasons a cabinet is upgraded which include refused planning permission lack of suitable electrical power nowhere within approximately 100 metres of the existing cabinet blocked or damaged cable ducts the list goes on
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

What cabinet number and exchange?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Exchange is Islandmagee, cabinet#3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need to contact whoever does the BDUK for northern ireland
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings