cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dickb
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Cabinet positioning

Can somebody please tell me why the street cabinet for my line is 2 miles approx away when I have 2 other cabinets within 0.2 miles. My post code is PE14 8EB and according to openreach my cabinet is Wisbech 16. I have a cabinet Wisbech 4 actually between my home and cabinet 16 going down the same supply route. Why cant Openreach get their house in order. I can confirm my infomation is correct by receiving an email from Julia Cummings BWA613 Dated 23/04/2013. I want to be able to get higher than 1.5mps that is the max now from a fibre enabled cabinet

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cabinet positioning

could it be that when your phone was installed that the other cabinets did not exist?  the probability of openreach redirecting your phone line is extremely remote unless there is a problem with the line - not just slow broadband.

you may be able to get it changed if you are prepared to pay the cost which could be in the £1000's

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dickb
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

nO THE CABINET 4 WAS IN POSITION BEFORE OUR ESTATE WAS BUILT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

as has already been posted the chance of being moved to another cabinet is near enough zero and if it was possible it would be very expensive
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Basically it comes down to cost it would cost a fortune to move every person over to the closest cabinet and exchange. In the past these things didnt matter when it was just voice. So long as you have a line which fits the USO(Universal Service Obligation) there is very little you can do I'm afraid other than wait for FTTP to finally reach your area.

0 Ratings