cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Cabinet proximity advice, please

Hello Forum

My house had a fibre cabinet (Strachur 2) built next to it (15m away - the closest building to the cabinet)) and it went live a few weeks ago.

I was happy to put up with the week-long  installation disruption as I had the carrot of fibre broadband soon being available.

However, my house, along with my immediate neighbours, have not been connected to the cabinet - we remain EO lines, and the exchange is about half a mile away. No fibre for me, even though my line physically passes within inches of the new cabinet on its way to the exchange.

I can get no explanation from BT, just a vague assurance that I 'may be able to receive fibre in the future'.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and actually been told why the line is unable to be connected?

What a frustrating experience...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cabinet proximity advice, please

Is this a brand new all in one cabinet? Or a fibre twin cabinet for ane existing pcp?

If rhe former, I suggest contacting the BDUK for the Highlands and Islands.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

It's a brand new all-in-one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Then it's likely a database issue. It can sometimes take a few weeks for them to update when there's been line plant rearragement. Or possibly your lines have been physically switched but the database not updated.

Either way I'd contact the BDUK guys.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings