Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Call Destinations

Hi,

I have noticed that my online account shows the Destinations for all landline calls made. But when I call an 0845 number the call Destination is not listed is this normal?

Please can somone let me know,

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Call Destinations

Hi,

Numbers that start with 01 or 02 are called 'geographic' numbers, which means you can tell where they're located from their dialling code, and the 'destination' section of your bill just tells you where the dialling code is for. Numbers which start with anything else are 'non geographic' which means they could be based anywhere in the UK, and the dialling code doesn't give any clue as to where that it is.

0845 numbers are normally virtual numbers used by businesses, when you ring one your call gets forwarded to one of several real numbers, possibly located at opposite ends of the country/world. 

Hope that helps!

wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

HI,

Thanks for your reply and for confirming when the call destination is listed. When I send text messages from my house phone I notice that there is a logo with an i in it when I hoever over this I get  a purple box come up as in the attached image. Is this correct or is there something wrong?

http://img641.imageshack.us/f/textmessage.png/

Please can someone advise

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi

I assume due to the lack of responses to my last post that no one else is experiencing the purple box showing on their recent usage page when they send text messages ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

what is the phone model no and its manufacturer there are so many phones available so with out this information it would not be possible to answer your question
0 Ratings
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi

The handsets are:

Panasonic KX-TG8423EB Colour DECT Trio Telephone with Answer Machine - Black

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

looks like something specific to that phone
0 Ratings
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

OK, so if I understand you correctly are you saying that the handset is casuing the purple box to be displayed under the recent usage on my bt.com account?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

sorry misunderstood your post are you referring to your display on the phone or the bt account web page ??
0 Ratings