cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Call Diversion

I currently have the Anytime package, cost £4.70/month which gives me upto 3 caller features. However, I no longer need this package as I no longer make calls from this number but I do use Call Divert.

Would it be beneficial for me to change package? Do I have to sign up to a package? Would it still cost me £3/month for Call Divert?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Call Diversion

'I currently have the Anytime package, cost £4.70/month which gives me upto 3 caller features. However, I no longer need this package as I no longer make calls from this number but I do use Call Divert.'

Don't jump ahead of yourself mate, BT give you three free calling features as part of your package, not three free ones of your choice.

The three free ones are;

1. 1471, which comes as standard on all lines anyway, whether your with BT, Sky, TALK TALK. The only time you would pay for 1471 is if you had 1471 extra, that is where 1471 gives you the last 5(ish)?? numbers dialled. Most phones do this now anyway and I am not even sure BT do 1471 extra anymore.

2. BT Privacy at Home with Caller Display, this has always been free but the Caller Display is only free as long as you make two chargeable calls a month or six within a billing quarter.

3. BT Answer 1571, again this has always been free providing you make two chargeable calls a month or six within a billing quarter like the free Caller Display.

For any additional calling features you want, including Call Diversion cost, £3 for one, £6 for two to four or £8 for five.

Basically BT use the three free calling features as a marketing gimmick because even you if just got the Weekend Call Package you would get 1471 as standard, Privacy at Home and still get it free, even if you opted not to have BT Answer 1571.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

So there is no point in me having the Anytime package? Can I choose to have no package or do I have to sign up to one?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

'So there is no point in me having the Anytime package? Can I choose to have no package or do I have to sign up to one?'

You will need to have a package, the cheapest one you can have is the Unlimited Weekend Plan, which is £13.90 a month. There is BT Basic that is only £4.50 a month but to qualify for that you have to be on certain benefits, like incapacity benefit or something.

Even with that you can have BT Answer 1571 and BT Privacy at Home with free Caller Display at no extra charge at all and remember 1471 comes as standard and ALWAYS has done.

The three "free" calling features was always just a marketing gimmick by BT. Don't feel like you have been cheated, all big companies do it, like a while back I was in Morrisions and you could buy two one litres of Robinsons Juice for £2. Not bad but when you actually looked at the bottom shelf you would find a two litre bottle of Robinsons Juice with a RRP of £1.80!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Surely the unlimited weekends package is free?

Why do I have to sign up to a new 12 month contract for a package I don't need or want?

Why can't I just pay line rental?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

'Surely the unlimited weekends package is free?'

Well, I suppose the Unlimited Weekend Package is free, depends on which way you look at it because you are still paying the £13.90 a month line rental so technically it isn't free.

BT have four different packages, you have to have one because there is no such thing as just paying line rental.

There is BT Basic £4.50 a month, to get this though you need to be on either; Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance or Pension Credits. See the link below for full details;

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services-bt-basic.html?s_cid=con_FURL_btbasic

Unlimited Weekend Plan £13.90 a month

Evening and Weekend Plan £16.90 a month

Unlimited Anytime Plan £18.90 a month

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

It's not the plan that costs £13.90 - it's the line rental.

My question is that if I take out a 'free' package with a 12 month subscription does that cause me problems or cost me anything if I decide to cancel before 12 months. Presumably the line rental contract is separate?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

'Presumably the line rental contract is separate?'

No, it is part of the package, if you want to cancel before your 12 months is up there is a cancellation fee. How much is depending on how long you have left on your contract.

0 Ratings