Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeeJay1980
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Call Out Charge - The Unfairness Continues

Dear BT, 

I just wanted to voice my utter disgust at how you I have been treated in relation to a call out charge.  I originally calledi nto simply order a BT Vision remote, the helpful chap at one of your Indian call centres advised me that there was a buzz on my line and after going through some checks decided an engineer was required.  The engineer visted and said there was nothing wrong and it was my phone, which it wasn't as I now have a different phone and the original check were done with a different phone also.

My latest bill has come with a £130.00 charge for an engineer visit, which only happened the second tiem round after a wasted day, for fixing a fault which wasn't even fixed.  Add to this I didnt't even originally report the fault you can imagine my anger.

Today I am told through the normal legal waffle that I have obliged ot the charge as per terms and conditions, even though that:

a) I didn't report the fault in the first instance and

b) The fault was even fixed

I am also told that another engineer can be booked, yeah right!

I have also now got to wait 2 working days to speak to someone important enough to even consider this charge being removed.  Pathetic!

I would also like your procedure for how I claim for loss of earnings, because as you can tell, I am now going to need them.  I am self employed and waiting in for 2 days has cost me money, somethign I originally was going to overlook but what's good for the goose is good for the gander,

I really hope this informaiton is absorbed, I understand charges, but please don't assume I'm an idiot.

Kind regards!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call Out Charge - The Unfairness Continues

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call Out Charge - The Unfairness Continues

As you were misinformed by BT, I think you have a strong case for compensation re loss of earnings, as for the charge to fix this fictitious fault, BT should absorb it. I am sure they do not pay their engineers £130.00 per call out to do nothing.
0 Ratings