Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Call Packages - cancellation of "choose to refuse"

Go to solution

Hello BT Customer Service,

Today - at work - I received a call from my elderly Mother who was in a very distraught state.  She had contacted BT Customer Service by telephone, and after trawling her way through the telephone menu system eventually reached an operator, who then promptly disconnected the call before she had chance to speak.  All she wants to do is cancel the call feature package "choose to refuse."  Can a member to the BT forum team perform this task?  I have the account details to hand. 

Regards,

CFAM

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Call Packages - cancellation of "choose to refuse"

Go to solution

Hi

You should be able to cancel it via the bt.com website and sign in to MYBT

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
cfam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello Devon Dave,

Thank you for your advice, however, I do not wish sign up my elderly Mother to an Internet service because

(a) she doesn't have a home computer therefore no access to the Internet;

(b) having read the sign-up instructions it would appear that to use such an account results in a default sign-up for paperless billing, which of course I cannot agree to.  While paper billing can be re-instated this requires contacting customer services (according some comments in the forum) - I'd rather not put my Mother through more trauma.

Much easier for a member of BT customer service team to cancel the call package.

Regards,

CFAM.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Hi You can give the Live Chat team a go, you can chat to them by clicking on the banner at the top of the "Bills & Call Packages" board. they should be able to get the feature removed for you
you will only need account no phone number an name for that
They're open Monday to Friday 08:00 to 21:00.
cfam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hello John,

Thank you for your advice, I'll give this a try today.

CFAM

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi CFAM,

Let us know how it goes.

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
cfam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just a wee note to say that I used the live chat facility, while at work.  I was doubtful whether I could access the system from my workplace given the amount of IT security but it worked.

I have to say I was fairly well impressed by the speed of the response and the resolution.  It remains to be seen whether the service has been cancelled - I was assured that it would be and that my elderly Mother would be refunded any advance payments.

While it is hard to say for definite, from the style of the language used during the chat and name the gentleman, I guess that this centre was not based in the UK.  If this were the case then we did not have the problem of accent and speed of speech to content with, which made communication far easier.  And at least we did not have to go through the tedious process of press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 3 for goodness knows what before being directed to another slow and tedious telephone menu system.  (I hope BT Human Factors are listening - we can only hold seven chunks of information in working memory.)

Regards,

CFAM

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
HiCFAM,

Good to hear the Live Chat team was able to help.

If, when your mother gets her next bill, there are still some problems/discrepancies with it let us know.

All the best,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings