cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike-l
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Call centre security breaches, unhelpful, obstructive and generally inept

For over three days I have been trying to get some sense out of the call centre via chat sessions. They seem incapable of understanding what is being asked, and when they have eventually got a handle on what the issue is they want to follow all sorts of red herrings which can in no way be connected to the issue. They have made several commitments to follow up and come back to me with the results but have failed to do so. When I have queried why I get told that they tried, but no message was left despite me being clear that it is likely they would need to do so, and when an e-mail address was given for them to write to they failed to get in contact, and when an alternate land line number was given and a pledge made for them to contact me again they failed. I was then alerted to a security breach. When I asked for this to be escalated I was resisted until I insisted in the strongest terms. The escalation point then prevaricated, stalled and tried to divert my attention away from the breach in what seemed to be an attempt to not address the issue and to brush the matter under the carpet. when asked for an address to write to about the appalling treatment received and the attitude towards a security breach I was again refused until I had made 6 requests,or more, and then threatened to find the information for myself. At all times I was given the distinct impression that a cover up was being attempted. I am distressed and disgusted at being treated in this way. the exchange was terminated by the operator seemingly taking the mickey and also issuing what I perceived tobe a sarcastic remark as by then he know I was going to escalate further.

It isn't as if I havent anything better to do today but I havebeen so wound up I have been inspired to join this forum and post this.  I have no faith or trust in this service and at present it would be preferable to remove the need for me to ever contact then again.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
mike-l
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Call centre security breaches, unhelpful, obstructive and generally inept

Update 29/12. I received a call today from BT! I thought it might have been to tell me the fault they had identified with a mast had been/is being/will be fixed as promised today. Nope, it seems like more information was needed, such as location, time of occurence, messages received relating to fault. It seems the previous 7 hours plus in chat and converstion had not included this, amazingly we seem to have spent all that time talking about things other than what I was calling//chatting about. Oh, and could I fill in a form with the details please. Oh oh, and it wont even get read until 4th January. How utterly utterly utterly fffffffffffrustating.

Next q. What terms or conditions would be imposed if I cancelled my contract, bt mobile person was not able to answer so passed through to the contrcacts people. After 42 minutes, the contract person had talked to various (or all?) bt 'help' desks and I was delivered the news.  He said they did not know!
Well, I wasn't taking 'no reply' for an answer. edited by mod

The joke is obviously on me so thanks BT for giving me an experience I will remember for years, and years, and years, and years, and years, almost as long it will take you to sort the issue out probably.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 6

Hi mike-l,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having problems with the service. I'd like to help if that suits. Please send over your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Update 29/12 part 2

well still no service so I guess that wil be it for today. For the curious as to what amod edited in my previous post I quoted a line or two from the brilliant 'Ballroom' comedy sketch by Derik and Clive which I thought apposite. Mr. Mod has offered to let me get in contact about my issues. He makes me feels special. But, Has anyone had any experience of how useful this may be, after all having been taken for a few rides already I  would prefer to see some positives before being mugged again.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Just read some of the threads on other boards and you will see the help customers have had from the forum mods who take personal responsibility for your problem until fixed. It can take 3/5 working days maybe more due to holiday period fir mods to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Dear Mr. Jelly, thanks for that. Do these mods work for BT? and are able to access those special places I cannot reach? What sort of influence do they have? are they able to change things? 

0 Ratings