cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Call divert while abroad

Does anyone know if I set up call divert using *#21#(three number)# to a three phone before going to America do I need to keep my BT mobile switched off while away to avoid an international charge? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call divert while abroad

Divert is done on the mobile network and does not matter whether your phone is switched on or not, so you will stil incur a charge for the forwarded part of the call, which will be at international rates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call divert while abroad

Sorry Keith , thanks for answering, but even I know that information is incorrect, unlless you mean my three mobile would be charged for the international connection? Just off the phone to BT helpdesk and was initally told that by them (both the first reponder and the her manager). After I explained to them how mobile networks work, and that if I call a UK mobile I only ever get charged for a UK call wheter the other phone is in the UK or not, the manger went away and checked then caled me back to tell me that I need to keep my phone off as once it registers on the foregin network everthing becomes an international call. I don't quite believe this euther but wanted to check if anyone has actually done this while away.

0 Ratings