cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: Call of duty MW3 - NAT Strict on home hub 2.0

Never had problem with any hub currently hh2 or other devices though I don't change settings from when its lifted from the box just to suit a poorly put together online game experience.  You wont convince many as Bt and Sony xbl and PC's have this master plan to ruin its customer base.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Walrus75
Contributor
Message 22 of 30

Same problem as the original poster...

HH2.  Win7 on a relatively modern PC.  COD MW3 NAT type Strict and cannot change it no matter what I do.

I've tried just about all the sensible 'fixes' that I've come across on the web (including this place!) and had no luck whatsoever.  I have 3 friends all with HH2s and all 4 of us have the same problem... which leads me to think that it's certainly a HH2 issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Surftechsd3
Beginner
Message 23 of 30

Hi guys, glad you got it fixed. Ive just tried the same the last digits were 65 and I've changed them to 100. I can still play online everything works but Nat is still strict.

The search continues...
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

As previous posters same problem withMW3 on PC Nat strict tried all the suggested fixes but to no avail been in touch with BT Tech desk they suggested trying PF Config already been there done that worn the t-shirt reckon next thing is toi take A Big Hammer to the dam thing.Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 25 of 30

Hope this helps,

Go to Settings > Advanced > Application Sharing > Configuration
Under the "Game or application" heading, select Xbox Live the drop down list.
Then, under the "Device" heading, select the device to want the application to connect to, in other words the Xbox or ps3 Hopefully, the device will have a friendly name that you can recognise, but in some cases, you'll only see the device Mac address (e.g. "Unknown-01-1a-2b-3c-4d"). Each device that connects to your Hub will have a unique ID (the Mac address), which may be printed on the hardware. You can remove devices, or rename them to something more friendly from the Home Hub's Settings > Advanced > Home Network menu
Once you've selected both the Xbox Live application and the device, press 'Add', then Apply.
Reboot the Hub for good measure!

0 Ratings
jabjab25
Message 26 of 30

I have the same problem however i managed to fix it just now. give it a try and let me know if it works. The way to open your nat is to set 3 different port forwarding's to your home hub 2 for your ps3/xbox 360. first you will need to know the mac adress if you havent assigned a name for the console. then apply the 3 different port forwarding the three that i put in was playstaion 3, XBOX live and Call of duty. i then reset my router and bam i have an open nat type. Im not sure if the XBOX live one is needed as im using a ps3 but even with all 3 assigned it opened up the nat type. I do have a static ip adress so assign a static ip adress before attempting let me know if i have solved this problem

0 Ratings
Duckworth
Message 27 of 30

YES! I tried your method, thinking it wouldn't make a difference after changing settings on the hub and PS3 for countless hours, but I can't believe its worked. I registered to this forum to thank you..... 

....Although, It hasn't been tried and tested and I have yet to see if I can host parties on MW3, but so far, so good.

0 Ratings
john-matrix
Message 28 of 30

works great tryed and tested on hosting and joining partys thanks

0 Ratings
darkol
Beginner
Message 29 of 30

Just for fun, I thought I'll try another router I have (dlink-2680).

You plug the cable in, put in the bt username, enable upnp.

MW3 nat type now: OPEN (was strict before).

This is how it should be on home hub 2 😞 No messing about with dmz, open ports etc... upnp sorts it all out.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 30 of 30

I don't have the HH2, but on the HH3 it's a simple matter of enabling DMZ which in theory is a 2 second job!

Weird how it works differently with different routers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings