Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

Call of duty MW3 - NAT Strict on home hub 2.0

Hi

Just wondering if anyone here has successfully configured their router to work with Call of duty MW 3 to enable the NAT open instead of strict (for PC not consoles) or point me in the right direction please?

I have ports 27000 to 27050 UDP/TCP and 3704 UDP/TCP open in my configuration, I've also disabed upnp, dmz and even disabled the firewall with no luck! I also have checked that windows 7 firewall has CODMW3 in it's configuration and is enabled.

Suggestions or wait for Infinity Ward to release a patch!? NERD RAGE!! Robot Mad

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
nDjinn
Beginner
Message 2 of 30

Re: Call of duty MW3 - NAT Strict on home hub 2.0

Same here - its very frustrasting - I am even thinking of going with another ISP as I have tried everything else.

0 Ratings
rudecrypto
Beginner
Message 3 of 30

hi

im having the same problem but with my ps3,never had much luck with cod game's since ive been with bt 😞

0 Ratings
shoot45
Message 4 of 30

same here

cant figure out the problem.

any ideas anyone?

mine are change isp or buy a decent router.

0 Ratings
nDjinn
Beginner
Message 5 of 30

@shoot45 Doing the first sorts the second I think...^^

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 30

Hi this problem is not just a BT one check out the virgin forum there users are having similar problems this obviosly prove it is not theBT network or hub as different router and infrastucture is involved hope thi may help you
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 30

A goggle search bring up this issue and it seems quite wide spread not jus for BT users
0 Ratings
Bat-n-Ball
Contributor
Message 8 of 30

I occasionally get a random NAT type 3 message on MW3. This is what I do...

• If you're sure all the correct ports are open (or have UPnP taking care of it on the router) and you have MW2 disk, put that in and go to the multiplayer game mode and check it says your NAT Type is Open.
  • Hold the PS button, exit the game, eject the disk and put MW3 back in... Voila!

The above might work with other COD titles but I haven't tried it.

You could also try giving the PS3 a static LAN address using the PS3's Internet Connection Settings.

(Note these settings work for me using BT Hub V2 but might be different on other routers).

On the PS3, go to:

• Internet Connection Settings >> OK
  • Custom
  • Wired Connection / Wireless (chose whatever you're using)
  • Go through all your settings until you get to IP Address Settings and select Manual

Use the following settings...

• IP Address 192.168.1.100
  • Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
  • Default Router 192.168.1.254
  • Primary DNS 192.168.1.254
  • Secondary DNS 192.168.1.254

The last octet in the 'IP Address' field needs be in the range 64 - 237 as defined by the Hub's DHCP Server and not currently in use by another device on your network. I use 100 as it's easily identifiable.

Other DNS Settings work too, for example those provided by http://www.opendns.com/

• Primary DNS 208.67.222.222
  • Secondary DNS 208.67.220.220

Go through the rest of the settings...

• MTU >> Automatic
  • Proxy Server >> Do Not Use
  • UPnP >> Enable

Test the connection and try MW3 again.

The putting-the-MW2-disk-in trick works for me all the time; the let's-give-the-PS3-a-static-IP trick might not, but it's something you can try 🙂

robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 30

Thanks for the responses.

Still no luck, I'm experiencing a lot of disconnects when I try to join a game or when in game, so I am not going to bother with multiplayer for the time being. I'm tired of spending hours adjusting settings in my router and for them not to work with only one game.

I've ordered BT Infinity which will be install the end of next week, I'll report back here if the problems continue or are solved with the new router.

0 Ratings
resisnake
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 30

Hi, I have the Home Hub 3 and always get an OPEN Nat within the game.

However, as the default settings go, it was MODERATE so I did change something.

I didn't change anything within the PS3, all I did was:

Go to Advanced Settings in the Home Hub menu

Go to Port Forwarding

Then DMZ

Enable DMZ and select the PS3 from the dropdown menu - usually displayed as the MAC address of the PS3 which can be found on the PS3 within System Settings.

Reboot the PS3, and reboot everything on the network including the Home Hub.

Now try loading up MW and see what you get.

If you have messed about with the settings previously, I would set everything in the PS3 and Home Hub to 'Reset to Default' before you attempt the above.