cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdavidson
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Call sign was cancelled and I can't get it reinstated

Two weeeks ago it became apparent that my Call Sign wasn't working.

I phoned and registered it as a fault, thinking that it was. I was told it would be fixed and it wasn't, then I was told the problem on the line had been fixed.

I then found that in my December bill there was no Call Sign, so I told the call centre this. They told me there wasn't a service called Call Sign, and it was impossible to have two numbers on one line. Eventually I got somebody to looks at the bills and understand what was happening. Ever since then I have had dates and promised that it will be reinstated (unfortunately and very inconveniently with a new number,) and it never is.

I just keep being told there is a problem on the line, then that the problem is fixed, then it will be reinstated. And so it goes on until I feel I might be going quite mad. I've probably spent about six hours on the phone and nothing is any different. If it isn't fixed in the next couple of days I will be leaving BT. I am only still with them because nobody else does call sign. We already had terrible customer services last year over broadband and I'm losing the will to live with this.

BT, my line doesn't need fixing. It seems that you have fixed it several times already.

My Call Sign just needs reinstalling. Please.....

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call sign was cancelled and I can't get it reinstated

Welcome to this user forum.

You can re-order this yourself using this link.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/product

Call Sign is near the bottom.

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings
hdavidson
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call sign was cancelled and I can't get it reinstated

Thank you but it wasn't possible to do that. I phoned yet again and for once got an English call centre and somebody who knew what she was talking about. She found that call sign had been reactivated a week ago. Nobody told me. It didn't show in my account. I wasn't given the number. The numerous calls to India and being told it was being fixed, the engineer needed to come out etc, etc, were a complete waste of time.

Why do BT pay people to work in a call centre and not train them properly? They are wasting money and alienating customers.

0 Ratings