cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Called by BT

Just got a phone call from a guy claiming to be from BT saying he can offer us faster broadband for cheaper.

Sounds suss right ?

Well he asked for my missus via her maiden name which is how we have the phone registered and told us we are option 3 and have quite high usage.

Pretty obvious really as we have 4 computers connected and we don't watch much telly !

What I'm enquiring to is :

Our exchange was upgraded to 21cn a while ago (Samknows my exchange !!) and I was led to believe if we just give it long enough we will automatically get the higher speed anyway ?

Does this still hold true or do we have to sign a fresh contract?

We are still on the original contract from the days of the green usb frog !

Basically: was this phone call ala "Hello, this is windows, your computer is infected with viruses" ?

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Called by BT

Bt will eventually notify you of the exchnage upgrade and your connection will get upgraded.

If you have never renewed your contract for more than 12 months you could well reduce you costs by agreeing a new 12 month contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

you could try calling the number back yes you can leave it and wait for the upgrade or recontract and bring it forward
Message 4 of 5

Tel No: 0800 1691 608

Seems it is genuine. Will have to look into it I guess.

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if you are still not sure then phone uk sales  08007830056

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings