cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freezer
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Caller Display BT never get working and Open Reach and BT passing buck

Hi, I hope someone can help me as I am getting nowhere with BT customer care or the BT/Open Reach engineers who occasionally visit.  I am writing on behalf of my 89 year old father.  He moved into a neighbouring street  to us a couple of years ago and we asked to set up Caller Display almost straight away.  In over 2 years he's lived there I dont think we've ever had it working, we've been in contact several times with BT about it and they either give us a refund for the period he's been debited for the service its not been working and tell us it will be sorted shortly and set up another debit for a future date they say it will be sorted, it never has.  We currently now have a fault which we reported to BT and raised this issue again, customer care told us the engineer should sort the problem with the fault.  However the engineer who visited has told my father that is a BT problem not Open Reach and the problem concerning the fault (cannot receive any incoming calls) requires a replacement cable.  So we are back to the usual position.  Can anyone help?  When I look at my father's bills I do think the amount he has to pay BT to keep in contact with the world is high around £50 per month including call bundle and broadband, but the service he actually gets is very poor! (We've experienced similar poor service from BT with a long standing issue of about 10 years which finally got sorted quite simply - although it probably just passed the problem onto someone else from what I've been told!)

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Caller Display BT never get working and Open Reach and BT passing buck

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 7

Hi @freezer,

Thanks for taking the time to share your Father's experience. I am sorry that we haven't been able to get everything sorted for you already. I'd like my team to help you with this. To reach us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll look into everything.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
freezer
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

If you dial *#234# from your father's line what announcement is returned to you?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
freezer
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi, Thank you for your interest/time in my predicament, I dialled as suggested and after a long crackle period the announcement we heard was to the effect that "the number you have dialled has not been recognised".  Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Then you have a line fault, and that will cause loss of caller display, and wrong numbers.

Contact @DanielS as requested.

0 Ratings