cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 25

Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal

Please be aware that renewing your Annual Line Rental does not automatically renew your Free Caller Display.

This means that you are charged for caller display unless you renew it separately.

Also you cannot renew both at once online.

Similarly Caller Display and BT Privacy at Home cannot be ordered together.

In addition if you have a BT ID that is not an email address you may not get an email confirming any order because in certain circumstances the BT Order system tries to use your BT ID as an email address.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Renewal

"Annual Line Rental" ?

The Phone Line Rental is an open-ended contract that usually has a 12 month minimum term from when the contract is set up. There is normally no need to renew it after 12 months unless you choose to.

One reason you might choose to renew is to qualify for BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months. Did you order via the link on that page?

The Line Rental Saver is an advance purchase of 12 months line rental credit for the price of 10. It is non-refundable. It should have no impact on the status/dates of your Phone Line Rental contract as far as I'm aware.

"Caller Display and BT Privacy at Home cannot be ordered together." ?

The BT Privacy with Caller Display is a single product as indicated in the above link. It should be a single order.

vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 25

Re: Caller Display and Line Rental Saver Renewal

@umpire wrote:

"Annual Line Rental" ?

The Phone Line Rental is an open-ended contract that usually has a 12 month minimum term from when the contract is set up. There is normally no need to renew it after 12 months unless you choose to.

One reason you might choose to renew is to qualify for BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months. Did you order via the link on that page?    No. I was trying to renew it at the same time as renewing my Line Rental Saver. 

The Line Rental Saver is an advance purchase of 12 months line rental credit for the price of 10. It is non-refundable. It should have no impact on the status/dates of your Phone Line Rental contract as far as I'm aware.   

I did not mention Phone Line Rental Contract in my post. I agree that Line Rental Saver should have been used instead of  Annual Line Rental.

"Caller Display and BT Privacy at Home cannot be ordered together." ?

The BT Privacy with Caller Display is a single product as indicated in the above link. It should be a single order.

I agree but the re-order process has Caller Display and BT Privacy at Home as separate items and ticking one unticks the other.

The main issue here is that the renewal ordering process is a mess and users should be aware of the pitfalls as it could cost them money.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 25

Were you possibly trying to order the standard BT Privacy / Caller Display add-on phone features rather than order the special 'BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months' offer which requires the renewal of the Phone Line Contract? Maybe try the link on the help page?

As far as I know you can order Line Rental Saver separately at any time. If you already have it in place you can usually order it again any time in the month up to when it runs out if you want more credit to be queued up ready.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 25

@umpire wrote:

Were you possibly trying to order the standard BT Privacy / Caller Display add-on phone features rather than order the special 'BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months' offer which requires the renewal of the Phone Line Contract? Maybe try the link on the help page?

As far as I know you can order Line Rental Saver separately at any time. If you already have it in place you can usually order it again any time in the month up to when it runs out if you want more credit to be queued up ready.

I was in my account and managing my extras. I was trying to renew my Line Rental Saver, renew my BT Privacy / Caller Display and renew my BT Privacy at Home at the same time.  This you cannot do for the reasons stated above. 

You cannot renew them separately also as having renewed one the system says you have an outstanding order. You therefore have to wait an unspecified time until the order is completed before you can place another one. 

If you phone the sales team they cannot place an order until your first order is completed. 

I may have a further problem but I am waiting to see how it develops before adding to this thread.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 25

The system is confusing but ordering LRS first should mean any order is cleared the next day so that you then order BT Privacy with Caller Display using the link supplied by umpire.

If you have  an ADSL connection ring Customer Options 0800 800 030 to see if they can improve on your deal - they can deal with the LRS , new phone contract and any add ons at the same time. I have done this in the past and any order raised has cleared by midnight on the day that I spoke to the Options team.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 25

@conrad wrote:

The system is confusing but ordering LRS first should mean any order is cleared the next day so that you then order BT Privacy with Caller Display using the link supplied by umpire.

If you have  an ADSL connection ring Customer Options 0800 800 030 to see if they can improve on your deal - they can deal with the LRS , new phone contract and any add ons at the same time. I have done this in the past and any order raised has cleared by midnight on the day that I spoke to the Options team.

Yes thank you for that.

The system seems to work if you order LRS first then the following day order BT Privacy with Caller Display.

It looks as if BT Privacy at Home is automatically carried forward and you do not need to reorder it.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 25

I have hit another issue having successfully renewed my LRS.

The order summary states that

"Unlimited Weekend Plan
Phone number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unlimited calls to UK landlines from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday, for up to an hour
Inclusive calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers at weekends
Up to 3 calling features for no extra cost
24/7 help and support for your home phone line"

I have been told by two customer support reps that the statement in red is untrue and only BT Privacy with Caller Display is given free.

So can anyone who has recently renewed their LRS back me up on this ?

OR if you are about to renew your LRS can you please click on "Order Summary" and take a screen print.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 25

Well if it helps the "Unlimited Weekend Plan" is an old calling plan product that you would think is no longer offered on new contracts. Not sure about renewals? A web search suggests it did indeed come with 3 free calling features. 

From the tariff guide.

BT-Products.jpg

I'm confused as to why the LRS order summary is mentioning the calling plan. The line rental is a fixed price regardless of the calling plan you might be on. Is it just for information?

The calling plan is often packaged with the broadband. See the tariff guide pages 46 - 48.

walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 25

i think some features are moving to the new line rental plus package - which again you have to order seperately, but if you don't pay by direct debit BT automatically force you onto this new package - not sure why they just don't move everyone over automatically

if not sure what this package is, it provides priority fault fixes, call barring, choose to refuse and bill text alerts

if you pay by direct debit you don't get this feature unless you order it manually

and it incurs another 12 month contract

it's stupid why BT can't let users place an order for the services they require in one order - is this going to happen with EE takeover when you wish to update contracts you can only do one contract at a time if you have multiple contracts with them

0 Ratings