Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvin666
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Caller Display not working

Hi,

In late December last year we noticed that caller phone numbers were no longer being displayed, as the phones were not that new we decided to but a new BT phone (BT8500) and discovered that the problem was not the phones.

On the 3rd January we rang BT to register the fault and went through the suggested methods to try to identify a problem - plugging the phone straight in to the test socket and called the *#234# to confirm caller display is on (it is) etc

Since then we have not heard anything back from BT and the Caller Display is still not working, today I have tried the test socket and #234# again with the same results. I have been reading other posts on this forum and tried different combinations in to the test socket using the filter etc with still no luck.

It has been nearly 3 months now and this is an additional cost for something we're not able to use.

Can you please help

Many thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Caller Display not working

Welcome to the forum. *#234# is to check if Caller Display is active on the line and #234# turns it off. Have you tried *234# to turn it on?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
marvin666
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I have just switched caller display off and back on as above and I'm afraid it didn't work.

Thanks for the quick reply

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

If *#234# confirms that CD is active but *234# doesn't turn it on, it sounds like a problem with your service. I'm asking the forum moderators to look into it for you and they should post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
marvin666
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Sorry to confuse - I was able to switch caller display off and back on again (234 service does work) but phone numbers are still not being displayed.

Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 8

Hi marvin666,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the caller display. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you drop me an email with the details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8
Moved:

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage