Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starpipe
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Caller Display stopped working

Go to solution

Having worked problem-free for years, Caller Display suddenly stopped working a week or so ago.  BT chat helpline said it was a "national issue" affecting "some customers". 

Anyone any idea why I should have been singled out to join the ranks of "some customers", what the "national issue" actually is, and what the prospects of having the service restored before too long are?  It seems to be a relatively common fault about which BT don't provide a lot of information/support.

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Caller Display stopped working

Go to solution
It appears to be an intermittent problem and it is causing problems for Openreach and BT Wholesale to resolve
0 Ratings
starpipe
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The person on 'Chat' estimated 4 weeks to resolve it.  Does that sound reasonable to you (because you can find peolple reporting the problem several years ago) and will I definitely get the service back eventually?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
there appears to be no known fix date due to the intermittent nature of the problem
py
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Why is this flagged as a problem solved when it isn't?

I, too, have been fobbed off with the four week wait while the "task force" works on the problem. We have been without caller display since July when an electrical storm took out our phone line. The line was sorted earlier this month but still no caller display.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
the post was marked as solved by the original poster as it would appear his problem was resolved
0 Ratings
Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The problem has not been solved.

I too have a caller display problem. I dial *#234# and get " callers identity will be displayed" Sometimes they are but most of the time they are not. I get Incoming Message but no caller ID.

I upgraded to fibre broadband a few months ago and from posts I have seen on line, wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.

Anyone have an answer?

Cheers

T

0 Ratings