cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adepttim
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Caller ID disabled on 8500?

My provider (Fuel) inisit that Caller ID is enabled and yet it is not displaying on my 8500.

I remember on initial setup of the phone, the Call Guardian setup asked if I had Caller ID, at the time I answered 'No' because it wasn't set up then.  I have since requested Caller ID and Fuel say it is enabled. I'm wondering whether that 'No' setting is stored somewhere in the phone setup but can't find it in the menus.

Does anyone have an answer or should I just be telling Fuel that it isn't enabled at their end?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
chime
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Caller ID disabled on 8500?

If you want to change the answer to Yes you'll need to do a Base reset which will initiate the installation procedure again. The numbers in my address book were not affected by the Base reset when I needed to do it.

Whether answering Yes instead of No makes a difference I don't know.

0 Ratings
Adepttim
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. Yes, managed to do that. You are right, contact list wasn't deleted. Unfortunately, caller ID still not displaying so it seems Fuel have not enabled it unless anyone knows of another 8500 setting I should be looking for?

0 Ratings
chime
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I didn't have to change anything on the BT8500 when I had Caller Display added to my (BT) line. It just worked.

I'd suggest trying another phone on your line (or your phone on another line) to rule out a faulty phone before contacting Fuel.

The following may work on your line. On my BT line dialling the first one gives the status of Caller Display.

Check Caller Display *#234#

Set Caller Display On   *234#

0 Ratings