cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Caller ID displaying wrong (too many zeros)???

Not sure why this is happening but we noticed it again today.  Came home and had several missed calls on phone.  Number was a Cardiff number and caller ID showed it as 002920 xxx xxx.  Obviously when we tried to call it back we got the number not recognised message.  We worked out that the number SHOULD have been 02920 xxx xxx.  I don't THINK this is our phones Caller ID display causing this problem as the same number tried to call my mobile (an iPhone) and as a result of the incoming caller info it received it displayed the number as +2920 xxx xxx??? 

From this it seems that the wrong info is being 'sent' in terms of caller ID rather that the devices getting it wrong.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller ID displaying wrong (too many zeros)???

Hi

The best test would be to plug your phone direct in the test point behind your main socket with everything else unplugged, including filters, BB routers etc and see if you are getting the same problem. may also be worth trying a different phone ( or try yours elesewhere)

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I might well look at that but it does seem odd that the iPhone, a mobile, gets exactly the same problem.  E.g. it sees the number as 00 2920 xxx xxx??

0 Ratings
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I suspect that this would be a fault with the originating network as the number is showing the same on your mobile as well.

The 02920 number that is dialling you, is it a BT number or a Virgin Media one?

I should think it will be a Virgin number so the problem will be with them.

As it only happens with the one specific number then checking your phone into the test socket is just a waste of time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Not sure really. It's Allied Carpets in Cardiff so I suspect BT but I may be wrong? I'll ask them what they're on when I speak next. I'll have to see if it happens with other numbers also.
0 Ratings