cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Galas
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Caller ID from abroad not working from begining.

Hi everyone.
From begining when we moved from TT to BT we have a problem with Caller ID when somebody is calling us from abroad (eg from Poland). I reported this couple times and always says in BT must give couple days for solve this fault. And never solved. From last day october when i report again is hanging on "Track fault" Phone **Edited** fault and is not done till now.

We bought other phone (BT86000) and we check on our neighbors both phones (Old Gigaset, and new from BT) and showing number when calling somebody from abroad, but not in our house.
We have no problems with calls from UK (always showing who calling).

Any hints? Because for me seems like calling again this BT do not help ...
Regards. Andrew Galas

P.s. Sorry for my poor English 😉

**Edited**

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller ID from abroad not working from begining.

My understanding is that caller display does not function for international calls.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It does sometimes but it is not reliable. I have a friend in Canada, sometimes his number is displayed, sometimes not. I guess it depends how the call is routed.

0 Ratings
Andrew_Galas
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Exacly. Sometimes we see who calling. But why we never have this problem with TT?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Possibly because the call is routed differently. The CLI information is obviously being stripped off somewhere but that could be anywhere between the originator of the call and hitting the BT network.

0 Ratings