Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awg0407
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Caller ID not working - 'support' will not fix

Go to solution

For the last 6 weeks caller id has not worked.  I've checked the handset on a neighbour's line and it works fine.  I have no internal wiring beyond the master socket.  I have reported this problem until I'm blue in the face and nothing happens.  Every time they just deactivate the service and reactivate it - and it still doesn't work and no-one rings to ask if it's working.  I've got about a dozen letters from 'Warren Buckley' congratulating me on the wonderful new service they're giving me.

Does anyone know how to escalate this to someone who can actually deal with the problem and not just fob me off and close the call?  Alternatively, how do I get out of my BT contract and go with someone who actually cares about their customers - BT clearly do not!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 21

Re: Caller ID not working - 'support' will not fix

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to see you're having this problem; the forum moderators will be able to look into this for you and should be along soon.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Hi awg0407,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry for the problems you're having using the Caller Display facility.  I'd like to take a look at this to help sort it out. To get in touch, click on the "About Me" section of my profile and you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Thanks a million..

Robbie

awg0407
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Well I think I managed to find my way through the obfuscation, misdirection, impossible questions and tricksy field validation to do as requested but since then I've heard absolutely nothing.  I assume this is just another black hole in the BT Customer Aggravation system.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

it can take 5/6 working days for mods to contact you.  you are in a queue with others waiting for mods help and will be contacted when you reach top of inbox.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
awg0407
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

7 days now...

0 Ratings
awg0407
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Here is a (slightly edited) copy of the text I attempted to send to the moderator:

Our Caller ID has stopped working as of June 8th.  I've wasted far too much of my life talking to the call centre who, allegedly, have tried switching the service off and on again about 6 times and, surprise, surprise, it didn't work on any of those attempts.  The service stopped working when we had a violent thunderstorm which fried our home hub and knocked out neighbours' phones.  I've replaced our phone.  I've tried our phone in a neighbour's socket and caller id worked perfectly.  Occasionally, a caller's number IS shown.

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Have you tried changing your broadband filters, or connecting a phone to the test socket with no filter or router connected?

awg0407
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

The master socket has a phone socket and a broadband socket, built in filters.  I've tried connecting to the test socket, no difference.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution
as your phone works in the neighbours house have you tried there phone in your home
0 Ratings