Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Caller ID not working

Go to solution

Hi - new member!

I have recently activated Caller ID (by opting for Privacy at home). I have confirmed it is active by dialling the code. My phone is Caller ID compatible. I have checked that ADSL filters are in place on all sockets. But ... caller ID is still not displayed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Xengineer
Message 2 of 4

Re: Caller ID not working

Go to solution
I take it you are talking about your number being withheld and not caller display. If you dial 141 before calling (call your mobile to check) your number should be withheld (1470 will release your number). On your 2nd call it should also be withheld, if not and you have 'withhold my number' on your account, the either your phone is not compatible (try a different phone). If it is caller display you can do the same thing, call a mobile and try a different phone. If this doesn't work fault is possible an Exchange fault.
0 Ratings
SimonD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

No, Caller ID or Caller display, whichever is the right term - i.e. I can see the number of the person calling me before I answer. It isn't working, I was looking for ideas why not - e.g. problems with broadband filters, line splitters etc. (as you can see, have already had those ideas) ..

0 Ratings
SimonD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Well, here's a thing! I connected a new phone with a display in place of an old one with no display - and it showed the Caller ID fine! so I thought - my other phones are too old. And now, they also show the ID! Why?? - oh well, at least it works ...

0 Ratings