Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Calling Features Problem

Hi,

It seems I am being charged for the free 'BT Privacy at Home with free Caller Display'. I've checked my account online and that's the only calling feature I have. Now I understand the requirement to make two chargable calls per month, so with 50-odd chargable calls on the bill, I'd expect that advance charge to be refunded, no? (I'm on the Unlimited Weekend Plan if that makes a difference)

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Calling Features Problem

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Hi notanumber. It's not an upfront charge. If I'd have made no calls in October I would be charged, but then if I made 2 calls this month I would not be charged for November.

There are no refunds with this, the month has already happened
0 Ratings
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

That's odd, on my bill it says from date of current bill to date of next.

Perhaps it's different for other plans?

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

Sounds like we might be talking about different things here, were you definetly charged and the dates straight after the item was a future one? And what were you charged?

0 Ratings
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hi John, I've been in contact and they say they have removed the calling Features Pack, activated free caller display and I'll get a refund on the next bill.

I look forward to the next bill!

0 Ratings
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi geo,

Yes I was charged. The item on the bill says "Calling Features Pack > 13 Oct-12 Jan 13 £ 9.45"

Next step, set up a direct debit to avoid the processing fee 🙂

0 Ratings
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Received the next bill today and guess what...

Yep, NO REFUND.

When I spoke to them back in November, I was assured that they had removed the (non existant) calling Features and activated the (already activated) free caller display.

I also asked them to look at previous bills, as all the ones I could download at the time showed the same charge, despite there being numerous chargable calls on each. I was assured I would be refunded for those too. Nothing.

I'm about to have another go at live chat unless anyone has any better ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
NotANumber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Apologies for exhuming this old thread, but it turns out it's still not sorted...

I didn't receive a bill as expected around April. I wasn't too worried as I assumed I was still in credit as a result of the expected refund and I would get a bill when that ran out (It would have been quite a large refund)...

Fast forward to the beginning of this month (September) and I get a bill for the whole period Jan-Aug with no sign of the refund.

I tried the BT Care Team link in Keith's last post but it no longer works, does anyone have a new link?

0 Ratings