Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shippa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Calling Plan 2019

Go to solution

Hi, I’m currently on your line saver package and the contract will expire in November. Today I received a letter about the home phone saver 2019. It looks like this will not work alongside the line saver that I have currently paid for. I have compared the costs and find that I'm currently paying £23.48 per month for my free anytime calls which include a 1/12 of my annual line saver fee. The 2019 deal works out £21.99, this seems like a good deal until I turn the letter over to see that there is 17.07p call set-up fee. Am I correct in assuming that this will be applied to all landline calls made? If this is so there will be an additional £6.82 per month based on my last statement. This is no longer a good deal, with exception to the price freeze until 2019. Can someone clarify this for me? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Calling Plan 2019

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @shippa,

Welcome to the community forum.

If you click on Learn about Home Phone Saver 2019, you'll find a few more details around the Home Phone Saver 2019.

Thanks

PaddyB

shippa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB, I’ve spent some time in the calling plan charges, and it would appear that this 17.07p is not chargeable for Home Saver Plan 2019, but this is most unclear in the covering letter, maybe it’s just for calls made to mobile numbers.

As I have about seven months left to go on my line saver contract, and no refunds are given, I think I will wait until November and consider changing to the 2019 plan then.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Terry