Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 1 of 12

Calling all CANTABRIGIANS

Hi,

Well not just those residents of the City of Cambridge itself but the residents of Cambridgeshire as a whole, for which I could find no name.  For example people living in Lancashire are Lancastrians but I cannot find the equivalent for Cambridgeshire.  If anyone knows, please tell me.

Can you please log on to www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk and register please.

Many thanks,

dfenceman

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
dfenceman
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Calling all CANTABRIGIANS

dfenceman wrote:

Hi,

Well not just those residents of the City of Cambridge itself but the residents of Cambridgeshire as a whole, for which I could find no name.  For example people living in Lancashire are Lancastrians but I cannot find the equivalent for Cambridgeshire.  If anyone knows, please tell me.

Can you please log on to www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk and register please.

Many thanks,

dfenceman

Hi CANTABRIGIANS,

Many thanks to john46 for moving this topic here.

Registration only requires your phone number and postcode, it costs nothing and you are not committed or obligated in any way.

Can please leave a message, need be no more than "done", so we know how many registrations have been achieved via this message please ?

Best regards,

dfenceman

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

@dfenceman wrote:

Well not just those residents of the City of Cambridge itself but the residents of Cambridgeshire as a whole, for which I could find no name.

According to Wikipedia, "The traditional nicknames for people from Cambridgeshire are 'Cambridgeshire Camel' or 'Cambridgeshire Crane', referring to the wildfowl which were once abundant in the fens."  I doubt that using either of those would get the attention you want though!

I'd have thought that the only camel ever to fly over Cambridgeshire was a biplane, not a wildfowl.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Hi pottyperson,

I never thought of looking under Cambridgeshire itself Smiley LOL.

I searched and found a list of all conties but there was nothing for Cambrideshire

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Sorry defenceman, I'm an adopted Man of Kent.  But I have a very soft spot for Ely, apart from the prices in the pub by the river! 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Well not just those residents of the City of Cambridge itself but the residents of Cambridgeshire as a whole.

Can you log on to www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk and register please.

Registration only requires your phone number and postcode, it costs nothing and you are not committed or obligated in any way.

Can you leave a message, need be no more than "done", so we know how many registrations have been achieved via this link please ?

Many thanks,

dfenceman

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
johnbateson872
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

CANTABRIGIANS

This is the correct name although usually reserved for those affiliated to the universities - I remember it well from when I was at school there in Hills Road.

And as for having a soft spot for Ely - its all soft round there especially with the recent rain!

John

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 8 of 12

Bumped up for jac_95

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 9 of 12

The winning bidder has been chosen to roll-out better broadband across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough over the next three years.

Cambridgeshire County Council Cabinet approved the contract award to BT today (4 February 2013) – taking Cambridgeshire a step nearer to beginning the roll-out in 2013.

Schedules for rolling out the new broadband infrastructure will be drawn up and agreed with BT as soon as possible after the contract signing in March 2013. The roll-out will be delivered in phases based on the most cost-effective approach.

Visit the Connecting Cambridgeshire website to read the news release and FAQs (frequently asked questions).  For more information, visit the website

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 10 of 12

Hi Cantabrigians,

Businesses and communities in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough will have some of the best fibre broadband coverage in the country following a deal with BT to provide a county-wide high speed network by the end of 2015.

Cambridgeshire County Council has today, Friday, March 8, signed a contract with BT that exceeds its ambitious targets to bring better broadband to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. The contract will build on the existing commercial fibre broadband network in the area meaning that many more homes and businesses will be able to get superfast broadband and no community will be left without better broadband access when the roll-out is complete.

See http://www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/2013/03/cambridgeshire-signs-super-broadband-deal-with-bt/ for the full press release.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings