cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Calls restricted for up to 48 hrs after bill payment

I am unable to make any calls from my house because I was two weeks late paying a bill for the paltry sum of £21!!

I need to make calls today to pay other bills, but I am unable to. I cant even speak to someone in BT customer services which is utterly ridiculous!!

Why does it take up to 48 hrs to restore service, your annoying automated telephone service which is restricting the calls made from my landline is aware that I have paid the balance, so why can't your other systems get access to this information and immediately restore access?!

I bet I wouldn't have these problems if I had my line rentals and calls with Sky. If I am still unable to use my telephone this afternoon, I will be cancelling all of my BT services and moving over to Sky.

You have probably lost a customer for the sake of waiting for two weeks for £21, that's smart (not). Get your act together BT, you could have just sent me a paper bill or an email to remind me to pay before restricting the line; how stupid.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Calls restricted for up to 48 hrs after bill payment

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

BT give all customers their own internal credit score rating, depending on what yours is, is when BT will restrict your service and how much of an outstanding bill is owed.

If they have restricted yours for such a small amount and at such short or at no notice at all then you probably have a low score with them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

@Cyburg wrote:

I am unable to make any calls from my house because I was two weeks late paying a bill for the paltry sum of £21!!

It's so paltry that one has to wonder why you left it so long. Maybe Direct Debit is the one for you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

Cyburg,

It is very confusing, why have you posted the same topic under a different subject in the Bills and Call Packages section.

Now you have answers from different members in the  2 posts.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

@Patty-L wrote:

It is very confusing, why have you posted the same topic under a different subject in the Bills and Call Packages section.

Now you have answers from different members in the  2 posts.

Didn't spot that. At least the degree of sympathy was consistent.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Pay the bill, you won't be cut off 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

I hadn't paid it because I didn't know it was due; I had only just taken control of the account after desperately serious family issues. How much does BT pay you nefarious indivduals to lurk on this forum and flame anyone that complains, or do you just do it to demonstrate the milk of human kindness? And yes, I have replied to both posts, to ensure that the "confusion" remains "consistent", such as the "sympathy" has been here.

Smiley Wink 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

you would have also received automated reminder phone calls before your service was restricted
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

And another helpful soul reveals themselves. Thanks for your very useful input John.

0 Ratings